Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Woodturning, is it off topic here?

Thanks for responding, John, Robert & Charlie.

Robert, we two are never going to amount to anything unless we change.
We think too small. We could sell your "redneck pepper mills" for big
bucks if we had the gall some of our fellow turners have. We could call
them "Cou Rouge Poivre Moulin" (My Redneck French is fractured, but we
ought to keep some Southeast & Southwest flavor anyway, just for the
tourists). We could sign them, "Robearre' & 'Arc".

What do you think about numbering them in Roman numerals? Maybe it
would get us a quarter, ok a dime, more. I know you are not one to get
too greedy, but how about selling our mills on a teaser installment plan
that balloons half as high as my local (Wachovia) bank's mtgs. did.

John & Charlie, since moist heat swells wood fibers, would dry cold
shrink them enough to let moisture out of green timber as a drying
method? Maybe the phloem would flow in and clot to seal the leaks?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter