Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Michael Moore gets it right sometimes.

Jay Pique wrote:
On Dec 15, 9:26 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I'm not questioning that there has been a quality problem in
Detroit.
There has been. My point is merely that this is not the central
issue before us today as they come whining to the rest of us to
bail their butts out. The central issue is their insane labor
costs. Oh, and BTW, I do think Detroit is building a better and
better product - even CR has noted this in some sectors of the
auto marketplace.

Well, I did see that an American car did take top honors in a
category
this past year. It was "Best American Sedan". I love that one.
Saying Detroit is making a better and better product says pretty
much
nothing. One would certainly hope they aren't turning out vehicles
that are progressively worse! If what you are saying is that they
are
closing the gap on foreign competition then I'm not so sure I agree.
And, regardless, the perception is that they are making an inferior
product and the consumers are turning elsewhere.

Nice rhetoric. Now show us how it fits the actual numbers for the
current situation.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)