Clint Neufeld

Default General International table saw, first impressions and some questions...

I know WHERE it goes, I just don't know how to attach it there. Am I
supposed to drill and tap holes? Shouldn't that be done already, if that
was the case?

And what's the string for? And what's the wire 'q' for? The exploded
diagram shows the wire 'q' in use on the power switch... Wait a minute, I
think I've got it! There's a hole through the "ON" button. If I put the
'q' on the string, it will dangle there beside the switch. If you stick the
wire through the "ON" button, it will prevent the saw from being turned on.
Ah, the wonders of what 6 hours of sleep can do for you!

Thanks so far.

Clint

"JGS" wrote in message
Hi Clint,
Here is a hint as to where the switch goes. Cheers, JG

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/50175an.html

Clint Neufeld wrote:

Ok, finally bit the bullet, and grabbed a tablesaw. As luck would have

it,
a local dealer had a GI 50-185 in stock, and I had made up my mind that

if I
could find one of those, I'd take it. There was even a "pre-show"

special
on the saw, $50 off ($900CDN or $650US instead of $950) with the 52"

fence.
And the wood-working show isn't even in town!

long rambling post snipped