Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation

In message , Bob Mannix
writes
"Merryterry" wrote in message
On 19 Dec, 12:47, techpro wrote:
I have just answered the door to a guy from a firm called Nationwide
Energy Services Ltd offering to install cavity wall insulation in my
house. He claims that I can apply for a grant of 70% of the cost so it
would cost £169 to insulate our house.

-Had my Wall Cavities & extra loft lagging done free with Local
-Authority grant cos we are oldies. The guy that did the surver
-drilled a hole and used an illuminated probe to inspect the cavities
-and showed me the result. You should expect the same on your survey.

You might hope but I wouldn't expect.

translate("It will only cost £169 as you can apply for a grant up to 75%") =
"You pay us £676 (plus VAT) = £777 and you can then see if you can get
something out of the council"

Not if it works they way ours did.

We had loft insulation done by a company that we got via our Gas
suppliers promotion, we just paid our bit (well we haven't yet, I'm
assuming an invoice will appear in a bit, or when they come back to
finish it next week)), presume they get paid the grant element direct.

Same sort of grants available via local authority schemes.

I'd steer clear of this chap on principle, but getting it done via
application via out supplier was painless
--
Chris French