Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default DIY crow's foot wrench

Q2: Not necessarily. Depends on how much torque you are going to
apply to it in use. Good wrenches are usually alloy tool steel, not
just plain carbon steel, so they get a fair of their strength from the
alloying elements. I'd give it a try.

During the "flea market" time of year, I try to keep in mind the loose
tools I need to fill in a set or for just such a need as you have. I
should keep a paper list with me to help. When I see wrenches for 50
cents or so, I don't mind expirementing a little.

Pete Stanaitis

Pilgrim wrote:
Having just put a new thermocouple in a water heater and without my
crow's feet[which would probably been too big for the job].
question 1 does any one make 1/4" drive crow's feet?
question 2 If I were to heat a combination wrench with the oxy torch and
bend the open end to 90 deg would I have to re temper, heat treat,or???

Thanks in advance.

Chuck P.