Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitiousemail@gmail.com is offline

Default Cheap trolley jack broken

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:30:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Bill wrote:
All of them seem to have a similar small U-shaped clip that connects the
hydraulic plunger to the handle. My favourite jack, which probably came
from Lidl, has a swivelling handle which makes it really handy in
confined spaces. But its little clip has snapped.

Can anyone suggest a source of likely small clips? I've looked at
Halfords collection of little pre-packed oddities and been round several
stockists of cheap jacks without success.

I'd guess it's some form of circlip. Can you identify it here?

http://www.springmasters.com/circlips.html

Unfortunately assortments tend to be of only the one type but multiples of
each size, from the likes of Screwfix. Think even Maplin do them.

If you identify the type and measure what it fits someone might be able to
help with a couple since it's Xmas. ;-)

A decent motor factor should have drawers and drawers of such things.