Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY dunces?

S Viemeister wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
M writes:
Following up to Tim S

I don't know if it's due to:

1) Both parents working, so less time and more inclination to get
trades in; 2) People really are more useless;

3) Society is getting dumbed down and discourages from being self
sufficient in the name of H&S.
increased affluence is probably a factor, with cars increased
complexity and blackbox factor is too.

...and at the other end, we're well through a couple of generations
of one parent families, where there's no tool box in the home, nor
anyone who knows how to use one, so the kids are never going to have
a clue either.

For a time, my daughter shared a flat with a couple of well-educated
males from intact families. She was the only one with a tool box -
and she knows how to use the contents.

I put together a basic toolkit for my daughter when she went to uni, she
shared with 8 others & did all the odd repair jobs around the place.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk