Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Chan Jay Chan is offline

Default Engine in John Deere Snow Thrower 522 Cannot Run without Choke

On Dec 17, 7:11*pm, Jay Chan wrote:
On Dec 17, 2:39*pm, E Z Peaces wrote:

Jay Chan wrote:

There is an "Idle Mixing Needle" and the channel for it. *And I have
cleaned it and used compressed air to blow the channel. *Honestly, I
don't know if this matters or not because the problem that I have is
with running the engine in high speed; therefore, the idle mixing
needle should be irrelevant.

There's an idle mixing needle! *Great! *That should help troubleshooting.

When carburetor people talk about idle and high speed, they're really
talking about throttle opening. *You say the throttle is pretty well
closed, so the idle mixing needle should be the most important adjustment.