Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default O/T: It'a a Zoo Out There

Mark & Juanita wrote:
Swingman wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .

It's a zoo, traffic wise, in SoCal this afternoon.

It is 44F outside my window.

Snow level is down to 1,500 ft in the mountains.

Below that, heavy rain.

Highways out of SoCal, across the mountains are either closed or chains
are req'd.

Very few people know how to drive in these conditions.

It has been described as being UGLY out there.

Ah yes, weather is relative.

This would be a typical afternoon winter time commute in NE Ohio, and
that is one of the reasons I left, but we're are in SoCal and it just
plain SUCKS.

There was a very light drizzle/fog here in Houston this morning and the
freeways were stacked up due to a number of wrecks ... must be those
Californian transplants, you reckon?

When we lived in Dallas it was the Northerners who "knew how to drive in
snow" and were going to show us Texans (and experienced transplants) how to
do it right that caused the greatest problems. Yeah, they knew how to
drive in snow, on glaze ice? Not so much.

We got 5.5" of snow Tuesday night into early Wednesday morning, followed
by freezing rain. Current forecasts call for anywhere from 6" to 9"
(and up to 18" depending on the forecaster) between tomorrow morning and
tomorrow afternoon.

I expect this weather to be a minor inconvenience.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA