Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Battery question

"spaco" wrote in message
My son and his young daughter are big time into this. They've turned
Barbie jeeps into 4 wheel drive monsters. The multiple battery thing can
lead to cooking the motors or controls just because you CAN run them for
longer than design times between charges. If your machine has an overtemp
cutout, you may be okay in putting multiple batteries in there, but don't
be surprised if the young'un still has to sit around while the circuitry
cools.

I, too, would stick with gel cells designed for deep cycle operation,
unless you think this is a short lived fad for the kids.

Pete Stanaitis

I pulled the old battery, and got on the phone. I am off tomorrow to buy an
identical replacement. When the original was fully charged, it ran for most
of the day, even longer than the attention span of my grandsons.

Steve