Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default vacuum cleaner motor reversal?

in 168701 20081218 233450 "Tim Downie" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
Dave wrote:
Kevin wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:
Graham. wrote:

I know in its basic form a synchronous motor will run
in either direction. If anyone doubts this look at the turntable
in any microwave oven, it's 50-50 which way it goes.

Not in any microwave I've seen. Mine always goes anticlockwise (as
do most others I've seen).

Tim

Sharp microwaves go both ways oh er misses

So does our Panasonic. First button push, it goes clock wise, start it
again and it goes anti clockwise. Never noticed if it changed direct
on one run though. I'm usually tending to other cook at that time.

Clearly I've lead a sheltered life. ;-) Of course we have been using the
same Toshiba microwave for over 20 years (that's been nicked once and
dropped on a building site) so I suppose I shouldn't extrapolate from my
experience.

Anyone using an older microwave?

Tim

Only recently replaced a Sharp which was bought in 1982.