Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My microwave has power,light and rotates but doesn't heat! Is ita write-off?

geoff wrote:
In message , Old Git
writes
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:17:09 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Graham.
writes

What a timely thread - my mum has just phoned up to say that the light
has gone in her microwave. Not being into white goods repair, I need a
few pointers

All I can get out of her is that it's a Daewoo 3D Power 1000 (which may
or may 100% right)

So, I need to buy a lightity bulb that I can take up with me next time I
go

can anyone give me a part number and can I get one from e.g. CPC where I
usually buy such things from ?

There's a link on this page that may or may not be of help.

http://www.4daewoo.co.uk/cgi-bin/sea...1000&search.x=
27&search.y=11

Having finally managed to get the right model number out of her - yes -
just the job

�9.25 ++

I'll check out CPCs price tomorrow

With the great majority of nukes, the make and model has nada to do
with the light bulb. Most are a standard 240v 25w microwave-base pygmy
bulb that costs a few quid from any decent lightbulb supplier.

Sharp brand nukes are often 110v with a custom base. Replacing the
bulbholder is the quickest option.

NT