Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Funny Dormer

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:19:48 GMT, wrote:

Wasn't 'permitted volume' removed from the latest PP rules? I'm hoping a
planned conservatory won't need PP as it would under the old rules (permitted
volume already fully used).

You must be like my next-door neighbour, filling all the available
space around the house with building-things. Total over-development, I
call it ;-)
First he built a conservatory at the back, then a porch at the front,
later a side extension; now he's knocked down the conservatory and is
building a sun-lounge in its place.
For the builders to get access to gain access to the rear, now that
the side extension is in place (there's no access through the
extension), he's had to negotiate with his neighbours in the next
street to dismantle part of the fence - what a mess!
Actually planning guidelines say that there ought to be access through
or past a side extension but somehow he's got around that - the only
means of access or egress to his property is via the front door :-)

There's only him and his wife living there...

--
Frank Erskine