Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default OT I'm Needin' Your Help Again Please !

Roger Mills wrote:
the_constructor wrote:

I have a Yamaha PSR-275 Keyboard which I purchased a few years ago
and have just started to play it. It has Midi In/Out sockets on the
back so I purchased a Midi - USB cable to connect it to the PC.

The USB/MIDI interface which I bought a few years ago came bundled with
various bits of software - including Cakewalk Express, which I use quite a
lot.

You haven't said exactly what you want to achieve - there are lots of
possibilities! Just some a
* creating and printing sheet music - from MIDI keyboard or computer
keyboard input (e.g. Finale, Sibelius, Capella)
* creating musical notation by scanning existing printed music (e.g. Capella
Scan)
* creating MIDI files from computer-based music notation (Finale, Sibelius,
Capella, etc. again)
* editing MIDI files and optimising them for playing on a particular MIDI
keyboard (e.g. Cakewalk, Cubase)

I bought a PSR-290 keyboard for the kids a couple of years ago; it's
connected via a USB Yamahaa MIDI interface to their PC, which has an old
version of Sibelius, which they've used for their GCSE music. However
I've never managed to get the PC and keyboard talking to each other; TBH
I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be able to achieve! Am I right
in thinking that the keyboard ought to be able to play tunes they've
composed in Sibelius? Or that if they play tunes on the keyboard, then
Sibelius should convert them to a score? That's what I thought, anyway...

David