Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 5.5mm nut driver for cordless screwdriver?

Mike Harrison wrote:
I'm looking for a 5.5mm nut driver bit with a standard hex-drive
shaft, for doing up M3 nuts.

For some bizarre reason all the sets I've found typically have 5mm
and 6mm but not 5.5mm - the latter must be more commonly needed then
5mm, which AFAIK is only used for M3 threaded spacers and D connector
jackscrews....

Anyone found a 5.5mm in a set anywhere?

I've looked at B&Q, RS,Farnell,Rapid,Halfords,CPC & Screwfix so
far....

If you can find somewhere selling individual sockets you could use
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17228/...LZYACSTHZOSFFQ
to adapt 1/4" 3/8" or 1/2" drive sockets to hex drive.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk