Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Fluke DMM recommendations?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:16:13 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article .net,
DaveC wrote:
But it must be Fluke (tried a good Chinese
meter but found couldn't adjust to its design quirks)

Think you'll find the Fluke *is* a Chinese meter...;-)

All of my Flukes, including my very nice new 8845A, say
"made in USA."

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/MadeInUSA.JPG

Are any of their low-end things actually Chinese?

Everybody else - Agilent, Keithley, BNC, Wavetek - are selling their
names and shipping Chinese junk. The low-end Tek scopes are made in
China, but I think they're still Tek designs.

John