Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 5.5mm nut driver for cordless screwdriver?

In article ,
Dave Baker wrote:
Mike Harrison wrote:
I'm looking for a 5.5mm nut driver bit with a standard hex-drive
shaft, for doing up M3 nuts.

For some bizarre reason all the sets I've found typically have 5mm
and 6mm but not 5.5mm - the latter must be more commonly needed then
5mm, which AFAIK is only used for M3 threaded spacers and D connector
jackscrews....

Anyone found a 5.5mm in a set anywhere?

I've looked at B&Q, RS,Farnell,Rapid,Halfords,CPC & Screwfix so
far....

You mean like this?

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...oducts_id=1869

or this?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=28165

Those are nut drivers - not really what's asked for, I think.

If I've got it right it's a 5.5mm socket but with a hex drive shaft
attached - I have seen them.

Do you not have Google installed on your pc?

I suppose you do realise you can buy generic 1/4" square shaft drive nut
drivers and then just use any socket out of a 1/4" set with them? Every
1/4" socket set I've ever seen has a 5.5mm socket in it.

But it's a hex drive required - possibly to fit an electric screwdriver.
And on basic small socket sets the 5.5mm is usually absent.

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.