Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default 5.5mm nut driver for cordless screwdriver?

Mike Harrison wrote:
I'm looking for a 5.5mm nut driver bit with a standard hex-drive shaft, for doing up M3 nuts.

For some bizarre reason all the sets I've found typically have 5mm and 6mm but not 5.5mm - the
latter must be more commonly needed then 5mm, which AFAIK is only used for M3 threaded spacers and D
connector jackscrews....

Anyone found a 5.5mm in a set anywhere?

I've looked at B&Q, RS,Farnell,Rapid,Halfords,CPC & Screwfix so far....

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/product_info.php?products_id=1869
https://www.buckandryan.co.uk/product.php/section/3026/sn/TRESNAP%2FND%2F55M
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Accessory%20Sets%20Makita&product= 95122

A few ideas. At least one would be a major christmas present... :-)

--
Rod

onset.