Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitiousemail@gmail.com is offline

Default Picture Frame .How To Hang It

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 03:33:18 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Dec 18, 12:18*am, "The Medway Handyman"
I got a couple of picture frames from Wilkinsons today and on the back
there are two things to hang them..one vertical and one horizontal but
I've never seen the like before .Anyone any ideas *how they should be
used ..
Have a look at the pic. I tried to bend one up to get a wire or cord
under it and it just pinged away from the backboard .They are held to
the board by lugs behind the two round holes .

I guess I'll need to nail pins in or a couple of small eyes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/IMG_9258.jpg

I dispair of the idiots who design the fixing systems for things like this,
they have clearlynever hung anything on a wall before.

The idea is the serrations hook over the head of a countersunk screw and
give a small lateral movement. *What you actually need is a small up/down
'adjustability' to ensure level, given the problem of getting two holes
perfectly horizontal on a wide variety of walls.

But you only have *one* hole. Read what the OP said. The lateral
adjustment from choosing one of the serrations moves the centre of
gravity and allows you to hang it level.

They should be proud of the frame by a few mm. *

They are. The photo clearly shows the serrations are inset enough to
go over the head of a nail, but maybe they were fitted the wrong way
round. I've never had any problem with them.

MBQ

Re the photo. You might think a nail can go under the serrated bit but
trust me the fitting is flat to the board .That's why I prised it up
but it came away from the board .Since last night I have experimented
with the second frame and found that if I insert a thin screwdriver
under the serrated part while pressing down on the rest of the fitting
I can bend it up slightly to enable it to be hung on a long panel pin
or similar .BUT WTF don't they enclose instructions on what you need
to do