Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Picture Frame .How To Hang It

wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:18:29 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"

I dispair of the idiots who design the fixing systems for things
like this, they have clearly never hung anything on a wall before.

I'd agree with that

Hung a mirror last week. From Arrggh-os, my favourites. No fixings
included - saved me the trouble of binning them.

Two upside down 'keyhole' slots on the back with a rebate underneath, the
idea being that it dropped over two screw heads.

Convenietly spaced at 96.5cm apart, so at 48.25cm centres. Marked out,
drilled, plugged put in screws. I then find out that the larger hole in the
keyhole won't allow the head of a No:8 or 4mm screw through - had to ease it
out with a drill bit.

Why not space the holes at 96.0cm & make the holes large enough for what is
probably the most common screw size?

The mind boggles.

BTW I really like these 'Uno' universal plugs from Rawlplug. Been usng them
for a few months now, really do seem to work on all types of wall.
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/32796/...ket-560-Pieces

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk