Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: It'a a Zoo Out There

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article , Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

An ice storm's supposed to come through tomorrow, leaving maybe
1/4-1/2" of ice behind. If it's thick enough, I'm going skating!

Puckdropper

Puckdropper, you live in Peoria, if I remember right? I have a son in
college in Decatur -- I'm really, really glad he took my advice and
came home for Christmas *today* instead of waiting until tomorrow like
he was planning to do. He's almost 21 now, about at the age where Dad
starts getting smart again. g

That's right. It looks like today was the best day to travel this week.
Between freezing rain/snow (never did get that off my driveway), the 2"
of snow mix, and the ice storm tomorrow, today might be the only day
travel was easy.

In case you guys need it, here's the road conditions for IL interstates.
http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/wrc.htm

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.