Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Default O/T: It'a a Zoo Out There

SNIP

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message m...

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! That is exactly what I was trying to
say in a more subtle way. People acclimated to Dallas, either as natives
or by previous experience realized that the answer to transportation on
those occasional (once or twice a year on average) icy days was to
transport oneself to the living room couch, fire up the fireplace, turn on
the TV to watch the traffic entertainment, and wait for afternoon to come
and melt the ice before we ventured out. The recent transplants were bound
to show the rest of us that they knew how to drive in this kind of weather
(the general weather pattern was a bit of snow on top of glaze ice) -- thus
the reason for turning on the TV to get our education in winter driving by
those soon-to-be experienced northern drivers who would be doing the same
thing as the rest of us during the next year's ice/snowstorm.

I learned my ice driving in an old beater in a gravel pit. No worry about hitting anyone or doing damage to the vehicle. Just bang it out, buy the boys a beer, and do some more 360's. and super snakes.

It really helped my winter ability but, nothing beats care and caution on the slippery stuff.
\
P D Q