Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Picture Frame .How To Hang It

wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:14:17 -0000, "Roger Mills"

I got a couple of picture frames from Wilkinsons today and on the back
there are two things to hang them..one vertical and one horizontal but
I've never seen the like before .Anyone any ideas how they should be
used ..
Have a look at the pic. I tried to bend one up to get a wire or cord
under it and it just pinged away from the backboard .They are held to
the board by lugs behind the two round holes .

I guess I'll need to nail pins in or a couple of small eyes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/IMG_9258.jpg

Hammer a small nail into the wall with virtually only the head sticking out.
Then hook the serrated bit over the head - using whichever notch gives the
best balance.

Not now possible as it came off when I tried to prise it up as it's
tight to the board ...Stupid design if ever I saw one ....you couldn't
get a nail head under the serrated part it's so tight .

IME, you need to price them away a little - however they should stay
fixed to the board. Yours sounds like it was not well enough fixed. (if
in doubt, place the frame face down on a flat surface, hold the base of
the fixing against the wood before bending the top out a bit - that
should save some load on its fixings).

--
Cheers,

John.