Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

Zootal wrote:

Explain something to me. Someone buys a home in an HOA. Prior to buying
they are given the docs and sign a statement to abide by them. Then all of
a sudden they scream, kick and cry when one of the regs from the docs are
enforced. Please explain why that person bought in an HOA in the first
place if he didn't want to follow their rules. Don't get me wrong, I
don't like HOA's but I sure wouldn't buy in one if I disagreed with the
docs and had no intention of following them.

Just out of curiosity - do you have the right to refuse to sign the
agreement if you buy the house? IOW, can you buy a house in one of these HOA
neighborhoods, but refuse to sign or comply?

Deed restricted........rules go with the land. There is a way to
dissolve condo. associations in Florida,
so probably also for HOA's. Different statutes. For condo, I believe
it requires assent by all of the
unit owners.