Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default HOA says no pickup trucks in driveway

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 12/17/08 06:02 pm Sanity wrote:

Explain something to me. Someone buys a home in an HOA. Prior to buying
they are given the docs and sign a statement to abide by them. Then all
of a
sudden they scream, kick and cry when one of the regs from the docs are
enforced. Please explain why that person bought in an HOA in the first
place if he didn't want to follow their rules. Don't get me wrong, I
don't
like HOA's but I sure wouldn't buy in one if I disagreed with the docs
and
had no intention of following them.

I've read of cases where prospective purchasers have been denied the
opportunity to read the HOA rules before purchasing the property and thus
being bound by them: "This is proprietary information."

Perce

Huh..I would think that you wouldn't need that sharp of a lawyer to get out
of that one. Unless they signed a statement agreeing to follow the rules
sight unseen.

HOAs are evil. I personally would *never* buy a house in a neighborhood with
an HOA. But I guess some people like them, so what-evah....