Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default O. T. Mentality of Hillbillies

Buerste wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Millwright Ron" wrote in message
Mentality of Hillbillies

As one Republican lawmaker told Novak, GOP leaders champion an
"anti- union attitude that appeals to the mentality of hillbillies
at revival meetings."

The hostility, while disgusting, is unsurprising. Unions wield power
for workers, meaning they present an obstacle to Republican
corporate donors, who want to put profit-making over other societal
priorities. Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Why don't unions use their huge reserves of cash and buy or start
their OWN companies and pay themselves huge salaries? It would
seem to be the perfect solution! American companies making
products with happy union workers. They should be able to offset
imports and drive the competition into the ground. Then they could
buy those companies cheap, hire more workers into
the unions. Pretty soon, ALL workers in the world will be union,
rich and
perfectly happy. This could translate to worldwide peace!

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? I'm a genius!

Sounds good! But have you ever tried to start a company and make it
successful? Sounds easy enough but until you try your hand in the
business world you have no idea how tough it is to make money in
business. 90% of all
new businesses fail in the first 3 years. So there you have your
answer. If
unions started their own companies most of them would fail and they
would just lose money. Why do you think most people work for others
instead of themselves?

Hawke

So, what you're saying is that whoever starts and operates a business
is taking a risk with his assets?

Oh My GOD !! Risking assets that they could line their own pockets with
instead ?
Heresy , that's just heresy !
FWIW , it's only been a couple of weeks ago I was tooling up to start a
small business ... and I guarandamntee that it would have succeeded . If it
didn't , I wouldn't eat .
And that ain't an option .

--
Snag