Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default A ring main question

Alang wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:35:50 +0000, Dave
wrote:

Talking to my lunch time drinking companion, he mention that a fuse had
blown again and couldn't understand why.

It turns out that the house was built about 1958 and has only one fuse
for the sockets upstairs and downstairs. Was this common then and does
he have a ring or radial wiring?

A ring unless it was done by the Cisco Kid and Pancho.
But if done in 1958 it may have been done in VIR. If that is so the
stuff is probably rotting by now
There is a fuse for lights and another for the cooker.

Sounds right for that era.

Sounds like I'd better urge him to get a rewire done.

Thanks

Dave