Ron Magen

Default Tablesaw jig idea needed (pickin yer brain...)

Get a book, or do a 'Google Search' on *wood mast making*

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"GrayFox" wrote in message
In article ,
reg (Gfretwell) wrote:

The first thing that crossed my mind is it is better to make the

octagons
before you make them 12" long. It is a lot easier/safer to handle longer
pieces. You are not as close to the blade.

Several years ago, Norm on a New yankee Workshop show, made a pencil
post bed which had octagonal posts that were also tapered. The jig he
used was pretty easy to make, and worked well. I made his bed.

Also, there is a jig shown in Fine Woodworking, July/August 1985, in the
article entitled, "Making Period Bedposts".