Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mike_0_007@hotmail.com is offline

Default Why Does Toilet OCCASIONALLY not Flush?

On Dec 16, 3:25*pm, wrote:
On Dec 12, 3:19*pm, "
wrote:

On Dec 9, 11:09*pm, "h" wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

ceonecommunications....

hwrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
. ..

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:11:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I installed a tall, elongated 1.6 GPFtoilet8 years ago. *It works
fine....most of the time. *About every 100th or so flush, the bowl
fills with water from the tank but for whatever reason it doesn't go
down. *I stick a plunger in the bottom, pump it a couple of times and
VOILA! everything goes immediately down. *It's then good for the next
100 or soflushes. *This has been going on all the time I've had it.

The othertoilet(which is nearer the main sewer) has never failed to
flush correctly, and no other drain in the house is backing up. *Any
ideas?

Got any kids- or have any ever been in your house? * * My most elusive
flush blocker was a rubber ball that sometimes got caught and
sometimes didn't. * * It wouldn't plunge through. *The way I found it
was by taking thetoiletout and turning it upside down a couple
times.

Jim

Another excellent reason to ban children from houses. Seriously, though,
how does anyone put up with kids?

Just think of them as the lord's punishement for enjoying all that great
sex with your spouse. G

I'll take the great sex without the punishment, thanks. Instead of "mother's
day" I've celebrated "childfree day" on the anniversary of my tubal for the
past 26 years.

I'm sure you non-existent children would thank you.
By the way, have you disowned your parents for having YOU?- Hide quoted text -

Huh? My not wanting to breed means I would automatically be a bad
parent? I didn't like kids when I was one, so why would I have them? I
don't like dogs, either, so I don't have any.

How does my desire for childfreedom translate to disowning my parents
because they wanted to breed?

Your lack of reasoning skills is truly mind-boggling. PLONK.

no pal, your dislike of children would make you a bad parent.
you didn't like kids when you were one? how sad is that.