Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Electrolytics question

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:38:49 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

The building I work in is being extended and refurbished (involving
rewiring). What would you suggest I do? Apart form insist they stop
using Irish electricians?

You're hopeless. Mainly because I should not need to be suggesting
anything in such matters.

His story doesn't ring true, it seems we are expected to believe that a
supposedly reputable company hired the cheapest back street bodger
electrician in town.

Also all the different circuits would normally be commoned at an ELCB unit
so all the lights and any other circuits like hot water and heating and/or
the ELCB would also have been damaged by phasing the neutral.

And in any case - what kind of idiot would plug 8 PCs at once into an
untested new ring-main, if the person concerned wasn't completely brain dead
they would have tried a desk lamp first.