Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
jakdedert wrote:
To be honest, I don't use them for anything. My comments referred to
alkalines used in wireless mics and other sound equipment. I save the
used batteries in the manner suggested above. 9v's are expensive.
While I wouldn't use them again professionally, we change them at almost
every opportunity, since the expense is trivial compared to a dead mic
during a show or presentation.

Surely the client effectively pays for them?

He is in the convention business. The mics are used to at least half
battery life, per use. Rather than take a chance of one dying before a
second use is over, the battery is replaced. It's figured to be a
consumable item like gaffer's tape & light bulbs.

But if you're using decent quality batteries and equipment, the life
should be pretty consistent. With mine, it's 9 hours so I change at 8. If
I were using them for an all day presentation where they could only be
changed at say the lunch break, good rechargeables *might* be worth it.
Assuming your mics have an SMPS that can work on the lower voltage.

But as I said earlier, 'pro' batteries bought by the box already come with
a clip on protector. Or do in the UK. And are cheaper per unit than buying
retail - unless you're willing to use no name stuff. At the moment I'm
using Energiser.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.