Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"dadiOH" wrote in message
MikeWhy wrote:

The trouble was the infeed. It needed more support,
which I solved for the moment by stacking and clamping some cutoffs
on the Workmate. It supported the last 2 feet or so, behind me, while
I worked as normal from right at the table.

Do you mean you were AT the table or you were on the right side? If the
latter and if your fence is to the right of your blade then you are on the
wrong side. You needed to be on the *left* side of the sheet so you could
keep it against the fence with your left hand and feed with your right.
The same is true of ripping anything.

I'm right handed and normally belly up to the table, taking advantage of the
butter smooth, perfectly rigid and linear delivery developed over a half
century of shooting pool to pay the rent. I can't even picture doing it from
the right of the fence. A leftie might have a different viewpoint.