Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Git[_2_] Old Git[_2_] is offline

Default My microwave has power,light and rotates but doesn't heat! Is it a write-off?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:45:45 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Old Git
writes
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:17:09 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Graham.
writes
agnetrons.

We did a lot of Sharp models on behalf of a big insurance company.
The usual complaint was the LCD display missing segments. It was
due I think to the way the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the
PCB was bonded, so it was unrepeatable and IIRC most of the
PCBs were 49 pounds from Sharp.

Compared to what was our core business (TV & audio) microwave
repair was dead easy.

What a timely thread - my mum has just phoned up to say that the light
has gone in her microwave. Not being into white goods repair, I need a
few pointers

All I can get out of her is that it's a Daewoo 3D Power 1000 (which may
or may 100% right)

So, I need to buy a lightity bulb that I can take up with me next time I
go

can anyone give me a part number and can I get one from e.g. CPC where I
usually buy such things from ?

There's a link on this page that may or may not be of help.

http://www.4daewoo.co.uk/cgi-bin/sea...1000&search.x=
27&search.y=11

Having finally managed to get the right model number out of her - yes -
just the job

£9.25 ++

I'll check out CPCs price tomorrow

Nice one.