Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Downlights - plasterboard cut outs

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
nightjar cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
Really, Ive done them with a 'kitchen devil' knife.

They don't have to even be neat. the fitting covers well....

There we have a basic difference in philosophjy. I don't think that
something not being visible is a reason not to do it neatly.

With a proper 'keyhole' saw designed for this job - the sheds sell them
for pennies - it's an easy job to make a pretty decent hole. Assuming you
can draw a neat pencil line to follow.

I wouldn't dispute that. I've even used a Swiss Army knife to make a hole in
plasterboard, but it was a close fit to the back box I needed to put in.

Colin Bignell