Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screeding to fill holes in a workshop floor.

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
, Andy
Dingley writes
On 15 Dec, 21:36, "Dave Baker" wrote:

It'd be much easier to run the cable round the walls and across the
roof and
then down than go digging holes for it.

Not for woodworking though, You need clear access.

8' x 4' stuff on a table saw, maybe. Planer thicknesser needs a mile at
either end and space to carry the work back to the front. Don't have a
spindle but guess that is ends and front.

Well yes, NORMALLY.

But jig routing on a table with a moulder underneath will always end up
with you needing to get to THAT side for a large piece.

If the machine does NOT have a piece of itself above to restrict where
the work goes, its a damned sight better to not restrict it with cable
from on high, and ,of course, cable under the floor is protected. From
idiots manhandlng 8ft lumps of timber., Or letting pieces fly out of the
spindle moulder, or from using chainsaws to rough out some bigger chunks.

Theres anther issue. Restriction of visibility. One office we had had
pillars coming down, so naturally we used them for cables, but being in
a large space with pillars always resulted in people leaning and
stretching to talk to someone the other side..

I say anything you do to keep the eye level space clear is Good News.
The only time services high up proved successful, was hand pneumatic
tools in spring loaded pull ups, so the airlines were never on the floor
or bench where they got damaged.

If a machine is free standing and not against the wall, under the floor
is the only way.

regards