Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
mkaras[_2_] mkaras[_2_] is offline

Default 9v battery terminal blanks?

On Dec 16, 9:06*am, DaveC wrote:
I want to keep some NiMH rechargeable 9v batteries in my tool bag (well, my
meter bag, actually).

I use old prescription pill bottles to hold spare batteries. The size
I have hold two AA type cells or a 9V type perfectly. The twist on/off
security cap makes a tight seal to protect other items in the satchel
in the event that the batteries were to leak. Sometimes these bottles
stay around a long time if spares are not used very often. In those
cases I'll insert a small paper in the bottle with the date scribbled
on it. When a spare set is deployed the paper is thrown away and the
used batteries can be placed in the same container until they can be
properly added to the collection bucket at the local hardware store.

- mkaras