Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default O. T. Mentality of Hillbillies

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:26:39 -0500, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:36:44 -0800, Millwright Ron wrote:

Mentality of Hillbillies

As one Republican lawmaker told Novak, GOP leaders champion an
“anti- union attitude that appeals to the mentality of

hillbillies
at revival meetings.”

The hostility, while disgusting, is unsurprising. Unions wield power
for workers, meaning they present an obstacle to Republican corporate
donors, who want to put profit-making over other societal priorities.

So are all union boosters as bigoted as you?

Don't blame bigotry, when stupidity is the real cause.

What, the "I'm for the workin' man, except for them hillbillies over
thar"?

As far as I'm concerned, bigotry is just one face of stupidity.

I was saying not all union members are bigoted against hillbillies.
Most of the union members I knew WERE hillbillies. I grew up in steel
and paper making town and most of the people I met who worked union jobs
were from Kentucky & Tennessee.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.