Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytics question - update

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Microsoft started under a different business name, building
electronic vehicle counters that were used to audit the traffic on a
road. Then they wrote one of the first BASIC interpeters for the early
kit computers under their new Microsoft name.

The first MS product I used was the Z80 card for the Apple II. I wonder who
their hardware engineer was. None of the founders who got rich seem to have
that kind of hardware knowledge. He must have designed the traffic counter
too.

Who knows? It may have been done out of house and done by a
consultant, or engineering firm. Most electronics with the microsoft
name can be identified as outside designs.

The controller was designed by the founders. It was a very niche
market at the time, since most highway departments still used the rubber
tube & mechanical counters for each lane. It was still not much more
than a hobby level business.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.