Chris

Default Extending socket circuit to a ring?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
In fact I would suggets that you _should_ extend to a ring since you
are quite likely to exceed the current limit for the cable before the
fuse blows should a fault occur (a 16A or 20A fuse would be more normal
on a radial circuit like this). As a ring however, the 30A fuse will be
fine.

Ok, thanks.

The fuse situation seems a bit unusual to me anyway: The garage is fed
from a 30A fuse in the house by a heavy duty outdoor cable. In the garage
is a small CU, with the workshop feed on a C20 MCB. Finally in the
workshop is a small CU with two circuits; the 30A socket circuit and a 15A
lighting one.

So if I understand correctly, the garage fuses are pretty pointless,
unless/until the MCB (and probably cable) in the garage are upgraded.

Chris
--
1dsX20dkdsm/si_2sx_1sy1dsvsY[lelf*2*lv+led*lfd*-lu+sesfled*lfd*+4C]sc[lxsulrx[
]Plvli-dsvlyp]dsp[1+dStLtlmc]sC[sn[#]]ss[[.]0ddsesflcxlm=sPluli+dsulXr]srx