Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Draw bar tightening torque....

wrote:
It's one of those Micro-Mark mini-mills. I'm tired of beating (albeit
with a plastic head mallet) the bejesus out of the DB to loosen the
tapers due to overtightening. Is there a recommended torque for these
things. Thanks.

What is the spindle taper and what is the tooling in the spindle ? (I'm
not familiar with that machine.) On my RF45 clone , I have to beat on the
wrench to get the R-8 collets tight enough to hold an end mill without
slipping on heavy cuts .
If you're mounting end milld holders the requirement is going to be
different from using collets to grip an end mill or drill bit .
Yes , I know I should be using end mill holders . Unemployment interrupted
my tool buying frenzy .
--
Snag
every answer