Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Living the old fashioned way

"Ignoramus26897" wrote in message
The modern way of making a living is financial chicanery and using
borrowed money in a myriad of very creative ways.

The old fashioned way of making one's living was "making stuff to
sell".

The credit crisis means that borrowed money will be a lot less
available. For now to the consumer, but later to the government as
well.

I expect that the old way will return back, which means, surprise
surprise, a bigger emphasis on "manufacturing" and likely "metalworking".

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

It's sad, Iggy. I'm saying things to my kids and grandkids my dad said to
me.

Music? You call that MUSIC?

Will you PLEASE turn down that noise?

and on and on

And some things that had to do with old sayings that really meant a lot and
were relevant to life.

Ah, what's the matter with kids these days? (from Bye Bye Birdie, a
Broadway play)

But as descriptive now as when it was written.

We're bridging the generations. We're as afraid for our kids futures as our
dads were about theirs, and grandpas about our dads.

But some of this stuff today is just plain toxic and cancerous. It will do
the society nothing but destruction. I've quit trying to change the world,
just be a good guy when given the chance, help people when given the chance,
and try to maintain my own little fishbowl of a universe that I CAN control.
Outside that, it's just as big an exercise in frustration as it ever was,
and the stress will get you if some little gangbanger don't get you first.

Yes, it is sad, though, compared to what it could be. I'm not talking about
a Utopian liberal society, but if we just went back to some of the basics we
have given up or away.

Like the Constitution. And honesty. And, and, and .......... you get the
idea.

Death or rapture, I don't really care. I'm covered. The darkest thing on
the horizon is the future, but each generation said that.

Steve