Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY English

TGH explained :

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

Another one that is really winding me up is the use of "teh" instead of
"the", why do it?

I do that, a matter of brain working faster than fingers and finger not
pushing the keys in the right order.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)