Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S R D S is offline

Default bath waste

"Stephen" wrote in message
It is a slotted metal waste that obviously drops through the plughole
but there is a plastic "thing" that fits around the waste under the
bath. This covers the slot, so that the overfow can be connected. The
only way I can describe the plastic "thing" is to say it is like a
circular one-way conduit box: a circle with a bit extending, onto
which the overflow pipe is connected.

I cannot see how I make this plastic thing make a watertight seal.
there don't seem to be enough washers in the kit. There is also a
rigid "washer", a donought of black plastic that is a few millimetres
thick and I can't see the point of that? Surely a washer should be
flexible; a thick, rigid washer will not make a watertight seal.

**** aren't they? Mine is the same.
I ended up smearing silicone all over the bloody thing, there was still a
slight weep, I put a tub under it to catch the drips with a view to faffing
with it some more but it seems to have sorted itself out, I presume regular
bath waste has clogged the leak and made a seal.