Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Groh Charlie Groh is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:45:01 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

I use two roller stands actually. One is a single roller stand that I use
left of the table saw and the other is a 13 roller stand that I use
primarily for outfeed support.

Props for keeping up with the woodworking in the chair.

As to those roller stands....
The ones with multiple bearing balls don't push or direct the stock like
the ones with the single, long roller.
If you have the ones with the single long roller, I find that angling
them ever so slightly towards the fence helps keep stock against the
fence. When they angle away from the fence they try to pull the stock
away, too.

Every advantage helps when you're on rollers, yourself. :-)

Working out of a chair is amazing and I'm counting my blessings!

Now...while I like rollers and have a couple of pairs, the most
handy dandy items in my small shop are a set of simple stands that I
made to help with the infeed side of my TS...surface areas are
four-foot long 1x3" hardwood with a strip of that slidey stuff stuck
on top (could be laminate)...ends are rounded-over and it's held to
TS height by a couple of legs with some "T" feet at the bottom with a
stretcher between 'em. These things are easy to move around with one
hand ('cause that's all about working alone, eh?) and serve as horses
of a sort when I need a work table or whatever.

cg