Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
needed. In the future, I'll look at making or buying a roller stand, or

look
at Board Buddies. Maybe just focusing on walking a straight line while
pushing would have worked, but I wasn't encouraged by the first few tries.

I use two roller stands actually. One is a single roller stand that I use
left of the table saw and the other is a 13 roller stand that I use
primarily for outfeed support.

As others have mentioned, it probably comes down to practice. I use a
wheelchair so I don't walk the boards at all because I need my hands to push
the wood through while at the same time keeping it pressed against the
fence. Sometimes I need to reposition myself so I have to let go of the
wood, move to a more optimal position and then resume my cutting. Those are
the only times I might get a burned edge, but they're infrequent. And yeah,
if you can get stuff cut slightly oversize at the wood store before bringing
it home, then all the better. We make do the best we can.