Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Online Appliance Parts

Bubba wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:54:26 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

-snip-
For example, compare http://tinyurl.com/65oypz with http://tinyurl.com/5zpnqe.
Why would I want to buy the more expensive part?

-snip-
Duh silly. Didnt you see? The 2nd link is from "Pros". Just like it
says in their name. Its just gotta be better. :-) NOT !!!

-snip-

Just in the FWIW dept- the last parts I ordered were from
appliancepartspros.com. I usually order from repairclinic.com. This
time they didn't have one of the 2 parts I needed. The other $20ish
part was the same price in both places.

As to the original question- 'Who knows' - sometimes OEM is better-
sometimes no difference.

Repairclinic.com guarantees all their parts [for a year?]. I had an
igniter go bad after a few months and they sent me new one. Still
good 7 years later.

Here's the thread;
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...uthor:elbrecht
Jim