Posted to alt.home.repair
Sharp Dressed Man[_3_] Sharp Dressed Man[_3_] is offline

Default Slow Filling Toilet

"Baron" wrote in message
Hello,

A low volume toilet installed about five years ago now takes on the
order of 15 minutes or more to refill. I didn't notice it until recently
as I don't usually use that particular toilet in my house.

I have made sure the feed line valve is full open. There is nothing
visually wrong that I can find except that the water goes into the tank
extremely slowly. I have no evidence that any of the line is clogged but
I have not dismantled any lines either Water to the shower and sinks in
the same bathroom run just fine.

Any thoughts?

TIA
--
Remove NGs to e-mail.

Home Depot, new Fluidmaster fill valve, $7, done.

If the supply tube is rigid copper, also pick up a flexible plastic supply
tube in case you can't get a tight seal between the copper supply tube and
the new fill valve. Return it if you don't need it.