Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

Default 8' long rip on TS

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:8vH1l.1926$c35.1622
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

"-MIKE-" wrote:

I hope you're not cutting through the foam with your blade. :-)

As a matter of fact, yes.

About 1/4-1/2".

That's why a 2" thick sheet.

Lew

I use a 1/2" sheet of plywood to support cuts in large pieces. It takes
a few minutes to adjust the blade depth so it cuts just past the depth of
the piece and doesn't cut too deep into the plywood.

This sometimes causes a bit of trouble with slightly warped (cupped)
pieces, as the blade may not want to go all the way through. The 2" foam
gives a deeper cut, and thus eliminates this problem.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

And on e-bay no one can hear you scream.