Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY dunces?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:12:08 -0000, Tim Downie wrote:

Anyone else think that the illustrated plug looks a bit odd? The earth
wire looks thinner than the others and appears to be solid cored.

And not actually connected to the earth pin. At least it is a good length
so of the cable does get pulled it might be the last wire to part company
with its terminal.

In fact, it looks like it's been photoshopped in afterwards into a
picture of a two core wired plug.

Aye, it is odd.

The live & neutral look to be tinned with solder which I thought was a
no-no.

Yep and with quite a bit of exposed wire. I don't like that or having the
live and neutral cross over each other.

Also it's a long time since I've seen one of those "fibre board" looking
cable clamps.

Agreed, they are now plastic or the wings to push the cable between.

--
Cheers
Dave.