Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlet tester, unusual indication - follow up

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 01:25:09 +0000 (UTC), (David
Combs) wrote:

In article ,
E Z Peaces wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:
I would like to see a DMM with a light on a momentary switch to check a
circuit under a small load, like a solenoid tester.

Such an attachment would be easy to build using a stackable banana plug
pair, a switch, a lamp or power resistor and some epoxy putty to
encapsulate the whole thing.

When meter leads had simple banana plugs, I could slide the plugs out a
couple of mm and stick a resistor between them.

1: what difference did you notice on your measurements?

2: On what kind of situations?

3: And, what do you do NOW (no banana-plugs)?

Thanks,

David

And what do I do NOW? I take a pair of test leads - with 'gator clamps
on both ends - and clip a resistor in with the clips fastened to the
test probes.